Last Updated: June 4, 2020
- when we communicate with you by offline channels, such as when you provide your information to our call centers or in person (collectively, including the Site, e-mail, and offline channels, referred to as the “Services”); and
- the basis on which we will process personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us, and your choices with respect to that data.
1. What Personal Data We Collect
- Identifiers: your name, e-mail address, phone number, telephone number, physical address, company affiliation, job/title/function, or signature.
- Demographic Data: your country of residence, industry, where permitted by applicable law, for example, when you apply for a position, you gender race/ethnic group, disability, or veteran status.
- Tire and Vehicle Details: your vehicle’s make, model, trim, and year, license plate number and state; the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN); your current brand of tires; and your tire identification number.
- Log Details: IP addresses, device information, and electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, your browsing activity on our Site and others, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.
- Geolocation Data: information about your approximate location.
- Commercial Information: records of products or services purchased or received from Cooper® and other purchasing and consuming tendencies and interests.
- Social Media Details: data such as your social media account information, profile pictures, posts, or any photos where you tag Cooper®.
- Employment Details: information such as your resume or curriculum vitae (“CV”), your employment history, professional references or job preferences.
- Educational Information: information such as your school transcripts and educational records.
- Feedback: Information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, such as in surveys, sweepstakes, or promotional offers on our Services and those of third parties.
- Call Recordings and Chat Transcripts: Conversations, including records or monitoring of calls or chats for quality assurance and training purposes where permitted by applicable law or based upon consent.
- Dealer Details: If you are a Dealer, Cooper® may collect your name, address, phone number, email address, geolocation, and Dealer Number.
- Other Data: Other types of information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us.
1.1 Personal Data You Provide to Us
We obtain your personal data from you in a variety of ways. This includes:
When You Supply Us Your Personal Data. We receive any personal data including Identifiers (e.g., name, e-mail address, telephone number, fax, job function/title, company/organization name), Demographic Data (e.g., your country, industry), Commercial Information (e.g., current customer status, product interests), Feedback, and Other Data that you choose to provide us through our Site, over the phone, or through other means. This includes information provided when you fill out forms on our Site or sign up for newsletters and other types of information material.
When You Sign Up for Reminders. The Site allows you to sign up for e-mail reminders regarding such things as when it is time to check your tire pressure, to have your tires rotated, or for routine tire maintenance. In order to send you these reminders, you will need to provide us with some of your personal data, including your Identifiers (e.g., name and e-mail address and zip code) and Tire and Vehicle Details, including your car's make, type, year, current brand tires, last time tires were rotated and miles driven per month. We will use the information you provide to keep track of your car's tire rotation needs, to send you tire reminders, and to identify the nearest dealer location to you (unless you provided us with this information in connection with a tire warranty or recall). This information will not be shared with third parties. We may use it as aggregate information to keep track of certain trends.
If you later decide that you no longer wish to receive these e-mail reminders, you may follow the instructions in the last e-mail reminder you received to remove yourself from these notifications, or you may submit a request to unsubscribe via our Request Form. The page of the Site where you signed up for the e-mail reminders will also permit you to unsubscribe.
Dealer Locator & Tire Selector. To help you find a dealer or select a Cooper® tire, we ask where you live or your car make or model to find a dealer or select a tire best for your car. We may also ask you for your car’s license plate number and state; the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN); or your car’s year, make, model, and trim.
We may share this information with the selected dealer to better assist you with your prospective tire purchase. We store your information such as the location you enter for the dealer locator and the year, make, and model of a car.
For Tire Recalls. We collect personal data about you and your tires so that we can contact you about any tire recalls. This may include your Identifiers (e.g., name, address, phone, email); Dealer Details (e.g., dealer name, address, phone); Commercial Information (e.g., product and purchase information, like number of tires purchased for each Tire ID Number (an 11-digit DOT number)); and Tire and Vehicle Details (e.g., tire purchase date, Tire ID Number). Federal law in the United States prohibits us from reselling tire registration information or using it for marketing purposes.
When You Contact Us. The Site allows you to submit Feedback like questions, comments, or concerns to us via chat messages, e-mails, and telephone calls. Cooper® asks for your name, street address, phone number, e-mail address, fax number, and company name. We will use the information to respond to your inquiry and may share it internally to improve our service to you. Please note that, with your consent (as may be required), phone conversations and online chat sessions may be monitored or recorded in accordance with applicable law for quality and training purposes.
When You Provide Testimonials: Cooper® values your opinion. When you contact us, we may with your consent (as may be required) use your Feedback to share your testimonials about our products with our Cooper® dealers and other retailers in order to promote Cooper’s products, improve Cooper’s products, to conduct internal market research or to facilitate the resolution of a dispute between you and a dealer. We will only disclose as much of your personal data as necessary to accomplish the purpose.
At Trade Shows and Other Events. Cooper® collects Identifiers, Employment Details, and Social Media Details like the personal or business contact information you provide at trade shows or similar events, including through business card scans or drops and via tablets, in order to allow us to contact you or to receive information about us, opportunities with us, or our product or Services.
When You Participate in Surveys, Sweepstakes, Contests, or Drawings. Cooper®, at times, may offer you a chance to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or drawing. In order to do so, you may be required to disclose personal data such as Identifiers (e.g., contact information), Demographic Data (such as your age or income level), Social Media Details (like social media account), and Commercial Information about your purchase and use of Cooper® products. The foregoing information may be used:
- to notify you that you have won the sweepstakes, contest, or drawing.
- to conduct market research studies and reports.
- to give to companies that co-sponsor or administer the sweepstakes, contest, or drawing with Cooper® for the purpose of carrying out the sweepstakes, contest, or drawing.
- to send you information about Cooper® products.
The information also may be shared with third parties who conduct research based on aggregate responses to such surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or drawings. However, you will be given a choice to "opt out" of being contacted in this way.
When You Apply for a Position on Our Careers Site. Cooper® posts available jobs, internships, and other positions on the Site, where you may submit your application to us through our portal. To review open positions and submit an application, we may require you to register for an account and provide us with your name, email address, password and country of residence. Cooper® may ask for Employment Details and Educational Information including your geographic preference, positions applied for, employment history, education, school transcript and records, career objectives, the reasons you want to work for Cooper®, and resume. We use your Employment Details, Educational Information and Other Data that you submit with your application to determine whether you would be a good candidate for the requested job. With your consent we may save the information in our files in case you would be a good candidate for a future job.
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside, we may also collect your referral source, gender, race/ethnic group, veteran status or disabilities, if any. Cooper® is a government contractor and complies with government regulations including affirmative action. The information is used for government reporting purposes and affirmative action responsibilities only. The information will be kept confidential and in a separate file from your employment application.
When You Redeem a Promotional Award. To redeem a promotional award, we may require that you submit Commercial Information like your tire purchase receipt, which contains your purchase location, purchase date, and the products you purchased. We use this information to track consumer trends and demographic information, and the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
With Your Consent. We may use your personal data for any other purpose for which you consent.
When You Are a Dealer. Registered Cooper® dealers may give us their Dealer Numbers to access Services and parts of the Site that are unavailable to other users.
1.2 Personal Data We Collect Automatically Using Tracking Technologies
As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may collect certain Log Details and other information about your device equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This includes:
Device information. Cooper® collects information about the device you use to access our Site and use our Services. This includes device type, operating system version and type, unique identifiers (such as mobile advertising ID, VIN, and MAC address), carrier, and other related information.
Computer and internet connection. Our servers also receive and store information about your computer, internet connection, and browser, including your operating system, host domain, browser type, and other related software or hardware information.
IP address. Cooper® collects information concerning your IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web. Web servers automatically identify your computer or device by its IP address. When visitors request pages from the Site, our servers log the guests’ IP addresses. Cooper® collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to audit the use of this Site. We also use IP addresses to collect statistical information and for marketing and promotional purposes as described in this Policy.
Details of your visits to our Site. Cooper® collects information about your visits to our Site, including resources that you access and use on our Site, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data. We also collect various metrics about how you interacted with our Site in order to:
- Determine website traffic patterns.
- Count web visits.
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site.
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
- Observe Site search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
- Determine user frequency and days since your last visit.
Geolocation data. Depending on your browser settings, we may collect Geolocation Data about your approximate location using IP sniffing or mobile location services. We use this information so that our Site can automatically show you the Cooper® Tire retailers and dealers nearest to your likely location when you navigate to that part of our Site.
1.3 What Personal Data We Collect From Third Parties
Cooper® may receive your information, including your Identifiers (e.g., name, address, e-mail address and telephone number) from third parties. The third parties that we collect personal data or other data from include:
Third Parties with Whom We Have a Relationship. We may receive your personal data such as your Identifiers or Commercial Information from third parties with whom we have a relationship, including our registered Cooper® dealers and other retailers, to determine whether you are interested in purchasing a Cooper® product or service and whether that product or service is right for you. We also may receive information about your tire purchases for purposes of tire recalls.
Purchase of Personal Data from Unaffiliated Third Parties. Where permitted by applicable law, Cooper® may purchase your personal data from third parties, e.g. lead generators, and will process your data in accordance with applicable law (and with your consent, where required) to determine whether you are interested in purchasing a Cooper® product or service and whether that product or service is right for you.
Referral Programs. We may receive your information from third parties as part of a referral program, including our "Refer a Friend" or "Friends and Family" programs and offers. These may include programs offered by your employer, trade groups or affiliation groups. Your information will only be used for determining your interest in a product or Service.
Advertising Partners. Advertising partners that collect and maintain information on their customers. These partners may provide Cooper® with certain information about those customers for the purposes of serving advertisements and/or marketing offers to their customers on the Service.
Third-Party Site Information. Our Site may use third-party social media websites, applications, or services that you use, when we allow those websites, applications, or services to interact through the Site to provide personalized services to you. In some cases, those websites, applications, or services may automatically provide us with information about you to facilitate personalization unless you use the controls available on those websites, applications, or services to opt-out of such sharing.
Combining data and/or creating profiles. We also may combine the personal data that we have collected about you with other data about you obtained from other sources (both online and offline), such as from third parties and public sources. For example, if your browser settings permit cookies, we may use the social media platforms’ data analytics and advertising tools to obtain personal data about you unrelated to your web traffic on our Site, such as your demographics, interests, and other characteristics, to use for research and analytical purposes, as well as for targeted or online behavioral advertising on other websites.
2. How We Use Personal Data Collected from Cookies and Tracking Technologies
As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Site, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.
Cookies Used on This Site. Our Site uses single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent) cookies. Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Site. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our Site and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by the Company to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit the Site, and also helps us to remember your preferences from session to session to provide an enhanced user experience.
Visitors to the Site always have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences.
Web Beacons. We use technology known as "web beacons" to collect web information. A "web beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or e-mail communication. We may place web beacons on pages of the Site. You may not decline web beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by not providing your consent to such tracking via our cookie consent tool, declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
Data Analytics. Cooper® may use third-party data analytics service providers to measure the web traffic on different parts of our Site. These services, which anonymously track users, uses technical tools like first-party cookies, to help analyze how users use the Site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site will be transmitted to and stored by third-party data analytics service providers, who will use this information on behalf of us as the operator of this Site for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on Site activity for Site operators and providing them other services relating to Site activity and internet usage.
In case IP anonymization is activated on this Site, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a server of a third-party data analytics service provider and truncated there. The IP anonymization is active on this Site.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by submitting such withdrawal using our Request Form.
Social media plug-ins. We offer social media plug-ins for companies that include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Vimeo. For example, we have Facebook like and share buttons, a tweet button for Twitter, and embedded Vimeo videos that offer certain interactive features and we and the company track your interactions with these functions. Additionally, even if you do not choose to use these plug-ins, the relevant company may still collect certain tracking information about you and share it with us.
Cross-Device Tracking. We use data analytics companies, advertising networks, or social media companies, and features offered by data analytics services or the Facebook Pixel to engage in "cross-device tracking," which occurs when platforms, publishers, and advertising technology companies try to connect a consumer's activity across smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, and other connected devices. The goal of cross-device tracking is to enable companies to link a consumer's behavior across devices.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We may process your information when there is a legal basis to do so, as set forth below.
We may process your information where the processing is necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with you. For example, we may process your personal data, including your Identifiers, Commercial Information, Employment Details, Educational Information, and Other Data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- To carry out the terms of a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or drawing.
- To process your job application.
We may process your information where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation. For example, we may monitor the Site and its use, retain the content of any user session, and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request or to cooperate with law enforcement and other authorities in investigating a claim of illegal activity.
We may process your information where the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us (to the extent it does not infringe on any data subject’s fundamental rights and freedoms). For example, we may collect your Identifiers, Social Media Details, Feedback, Call Recordings and Chat Logs, and Log Details in order to:
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (when you choose to do so).
- Keep our Site safe and secure.
- Provide you with technical support and to improve our Site and services.
- Provide you with information that you have requested and respond to your inquiries.
- Notify you about changes to our Services or our Site.
- If you are an existing customer, to communicate (including by email and SMS) with you to provide information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- Subject to applicable law and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal data that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
We may process your information such as your Identifiers, Social Media Details, Feedback, Tire and Vehicle Details with your valid consent. This includes to:
- Conduct market research studies and reports.
- Use your name and address information to let you know of additional products and services about which you may be interested.
- Provide you with an opportunity to have your name and address listed in a directory for one of our Services.
- Any other purpose where you have provided valid consent where it is legally required.
If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, simply do not give your consent on the relevant forms where we collect your personal data.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- To any member of our group, which means our affiliates, including our ultimate parent company and its subsidiaries. For a complete listing of our affiliates, please contact us as indicated in Section 13.
- To registered Cooper® dealers and other retailers who sell and distribute our products and Services to facilitate your tire purchase and for dispute resolution purposes. This may include your Identifiers, Commercial Information, Feedback, and Tire and Vehicle Details.
- To companies who we engage for marketing and advertising campaigns as well as targeted advertising, analytics, and similar services. This may include Identifiers, Demographic Data, Tire and Vehicle Details, Commercial Information, Log Details, Social Media Details.
- To companies who co-sponsor or administer our sweepstakes, contests, or drawings, as well as companies that conduct research based on responses to surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or drawings. This may include Identifiers, Demographic Data, Social Media Details, Commercial Information, and Feedback.
- To contractors, service providers (e.g., payment processors, security and fraud prevention consultants, technology and communications providers, data storage/hosting providers, analytics providers, developers managed services providers), and other parties (e.g., social media services, business partners, consultants) we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support activities. These companies are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use the data only for the purposes for which it has been disclosed to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cooper’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Cooper® about users of our Services is among the assets transferred
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you email us asking us to contact a third party, we may transmit the contents of your email to such third party.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations
5. Data Security
Cooper® maintains technical and organizational safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of security and confidentiality for your personal data, in accordance with relevant policies and applicable legislation. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, Cooper® cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided by our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, Cooper® will not be liable for disclosures of your personal data due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, once we receive your transmission, we do our best to ensure its security on our systems by making reasonable efforts to protect the information.
Dealer Numbers: Dealers are assigned Dealer Numbers when they become a registered Cooper® dealer. This number gives Dealers access to certain parts of the Site; however, Dealers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their Dealer Numbers. Therefore, we recommend that Dealers do not divulge their Dealer Number to anyone unaffiliated with them. Cooper® will never ask you for your Dealer Number in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished using this Site. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal data and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
6. Your Rights and Choices about Your Personal Data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track. Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
- Tire Service Reminder E-mails. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive our tire service e-mail reminders, you may follow the instructions in the last e-mail reminder you received, which will explain how to remove yourself from these e-mailings. Or, you may e-mail Cooper® at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the e-mail reminders terminate. The page of the Site where you signed up for the e-mail reminders will also give you the option to unsubscribe from such reminders.
- Surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or drawings. When you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or drawing, we give you the option of receiving communications from us and our partners. To opt out of receiving such communications, you should check the appropriate boxes on each form.
- Promotional Offers and Other E-mails. You may opt-out of receiving commercial e-mails for our products and Services by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails. Unsubscribing from one type of communication may not unsubscribe you from another type. Even if you unsubscribe from commercial e-mail messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial (transactional) e-mails.
- Text Messages and SMS. To opt out of text messages, reply STOP to the message you received or contact Cooper® as indicated in Section 3.
- to inform us that you no longer wish to receive text messages.
7. For Individuals in the European Union/European Economic Area and Certain Other Jurisdictions
7.1 Data Controller
7.2 Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
The personal data that Cooper® collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA or the UK who work for us or other entities acting as data processors processing data on behalf of us. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your request or order and the provision of support services. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. The Company has implemented international data transfer agreements on the basis of EU Standard Contractual Clauses in order to provide appropriate and suitable safeguards for personal data being transferred to countries outside the EEA or the UK where an adequate level of protection is not already guaranteed. A copy can be obtained by contacting Cooper’s Data Privacy Coordinator at email@example.com. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with this policy and applicable legislation.
7.3 Data Retention
Unless otherwise required by law, Cooper® retains personal data about you only for long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed. Cooper® will erase your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
7.4 Your Data Subject Rights
You may at any time exercise certain rights you may have under applicable law and regulation, including the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data and information related to how it is processed
- The right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, which includes the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, certain rights to request us to erase your personal data without undue delay.
- The right to restrict or object to processing concerning your personal data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your personal data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, processing is unlawful, your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes of processing, or you have otherwise objected to processing related to automated individual decision-making).
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your personal data transmitted from us to another controller.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Any requests related to the above rights may be made by filling out a Request Form.
8. For California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) entitles California residents to additional disclosures about Cooper’s privacy practices involving personal information and other privacy rights.
8.1 Notice of Collection
Cooper® collects the following categories of personal information about consumers:
- Identifiers (e.g, name, contact information, social media account, license plate number and state, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), tire identification number, Dealer Number)
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law (e.g., gender, race/ethnicity, disability, veteran status)
- Commercial Information (e.g., products or services obtained from Cooper®, vehicle details, current tire brand, purchasing preferences, interests, or tendencies)
- Internet/Network Activity (e.g., IP address, device, browser, and operating system information, unique identifiers, browsing activity and interactions on our Site and others, search history)
- Geolocation Data (approximate location)
- Audio and Electronic Information (e.g., call recordings and chat transcripts for quality assurance and training purposes)
- Professional/Employment-Related Information (e.g., resume, curriculum vitae (“CV”), employment history, job preferences)
- Education Information (e.g., school transcripts, educational records)
- Inferences about Your Demographics, Interests, and Other Characteristics (e.g., combining personal information about consumers from multiple sources)
We collect these categories of personal information for the following business or commercial purposes: to market, sell, and carry out promotions for our products and Services; to provide tire-related service reminders and other informational material; to provide personalized and interactive advertising, marketing, and services; to fulfill our obligations under a contract with you; to improve our Site, Services, and products; to conduct market research studies; to carry out surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or drawings; to provide quality customer service; to process your job application; to keep our Site and business safe and secure; to comply with a legal obligation, including to contact you in the event of a tire recall; and to give registered Cooper® dealers access to specific services on the Site.
8.2 California Privacy Disclosures
In the past 12 months, Cooper® has collected certain categories of personal information about consumers and disclosed for a business purpose or sold some of the categories of personal information. The following chart identifies the categories of personal information that Cooper® has collected, and the categories of third parties to whom Cooper® has disclosed or sold the information
|Categories of Personal InformationCollected||Categories of Third Parties|
|Identifiers||Authorized Cooper® dealersCooper® Tire retailersCompanies co-sponsoring or administering Cooper®sweepstakes, contests, or drawingsTechnology and communications providers Government entities Social media companies Data storage and hosting providers Government entities Cooper® Tire affiliates Marketing and advertising companies Advertising networks Data and analytics providers|
|Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law||Authorized Cooper® dealers Cooper® Tire retailers Companies co-sponsoring or administering Cooper® sweepstakes, contests, or drawings Data storage and hosting providers Government entities Cooper® Tire affiliates Data and analytics providers Marketing and advertising companies Advertising networks|
|Commercial Information||Authorized Cooper® dealers Cooper® Tire retailers Companies co-sponsoring or administering Cooper® sweepstakes, contests, or drawings Data storage and hosting providers Cooper® Tire affiliates Data and analytics providers Marketing and advertising companies Advertising networks|
|Internet/Network Activity||Technology and communications providers Internet service providers Security and fraud prevention consultants|
|Geolocation Data||Authorized Cooper® dealersCooper® Tire retailersTechnology and communications providersData and analytics providersAdvertising networks|
|Audio and Electronic Information||Technology and communications providers|
|Professional/ Employment-Related Information||Data storage and hosting providers|
|Education Information||Data storage and hosting providers|
|Inferences Your Demographics, Interests, and Other Characteristics||Technology and communications providers Data and analytics providers Advertising networks|
8.3 California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law gives you certain rights concerning your personal data. You have the right to
- Request that we disclose what personal data we collect, use, disclose, and sell, including the right to request that we provide to you the specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you in the prior 12 months (“right to know”).
- Request the deletion of your personal data collected or maintained by us. We may not be able to fulfill your request if we (or our service providers) are required to retain your personal data for one or more of the following reasons:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal data was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal data, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
- Request not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
- Request to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
How to Exercise Your Rights
- To make any such request, you or your authorized agent may:
- Call us at 1-833-729-0090 (toll free).
Submit the request using our Request Form on our Site.
Before we can fulfill your request, we need to verify your identity or your agent’s authority to make the request and confirm the personal data relates to you.
Only you or your authorized agent acting on your behalf have the ability to make a request related to your personal data. If you personally make the request, Cooper® will require you to provide us with certain information in order to verify that you are the person about whom we have information.
If you have an authorized agent who makes the request, you must submit either (i) proof of power of attorney or (ii) a written and signed declaration or affidavit demonstrating that your agent has the authority to act on your behalf, along with information from you to verify your identity through the ordinary verification process.
Please note that if we cannot verify your identity, we are not obligated to fulfill your request.
Once we have verified your identity, we will fulfill your request.
If you have submitted a request to know, we may give you specific pieces of personal data we collected about you and provide you with an individualized response about how we have collected, used, and disclosed your personal information. For the specific pieces of personal data, we will provide such information electronically (or, if you are unable to receive such information electronically, by mail at your request) in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Notice of the Right to Opt Out of Sale
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, as defined in the CCPA. The term “sale” is defined broadly under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Cooper® discloses some personal information to third parties that may constitute a “sale” within the meaning of the CCPA.
To the extent that “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include interest-based advertising or other data uses described in the “Personal Data We Collect Automatically Using Tracking Technologies” Section 1.2 above, we will comply with applicable law as to those activities
To stop receiving interest-based advertising and other similar uses, you can adjust your privacy settings, or the general privacy settings link located at the footer of our homepage and most pages of the website. For additional information, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings) or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can also follow the instructions for submitting an opt out request at the following link. Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
9. For Individuals in the Republic of Serbia
If you are a resident of the Republic of Serbia, you may at any time exercise certain rights you may have under applicable law and regulation, including the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data and information related to how it is processed.
- The right to rectification, supplement or erasure of your personal data, which includes the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, certain rights to request us to erase your personal data without undue delay.
- The right to restrict or object to processing concerning your personal data.
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your personal data transmitted from us to another controller.
- The right to be notified on rectification or erasure of your personal data, restriction on processing as well on data breach.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time, which withdrawal would not influence data processing of your personal data to the moment when such withdrawal was given.
- Right to be informed whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual obligation, or the provision of personal data is a requirement necessary to conclude a contract, as well as on whether or not the data subject is under the obligation to give the personal data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide the data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, i.e., with the Serbian Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra 15, Belgrade, Serbia, email: оffice@poverenik.rs.
Any requests related to the above rights may be made by filling out a Request Form.
We do not use automated decisions, including profiling, within the meaning of the Serbian Personal Data Protection Law..
10. Third-Party Websites and Services
10.1 Links to Other Sites
10.2 Third-Party Practices.
We have no control over or responsibility for the privacy practices and media content provided by third parties (e.g., social media services, video streaming) through our Site. If you provide any information to these third parties, different rules may govern the collection and use of your personal information by such third parties. As such, we strongly recommend that you review their privacy policies before providing information to them. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their privacy practices.
11. Age Restrictions
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and Cooper® does not knowingly collect or use any personal data from children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. How to Contact Cooper®
Privacy and security is important to us all. We will continually monitor customer feedback and seek to improve our services to meet your needs.
For EU, UK and Serbian residents: Should you have any questions or concerns about this policy and our privacy practices, you may contact our Data Privacy Coordinator at:
Cooper® Tire & Rubber Company Europe Limited
Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 8AA
Cooper® Tire & Rubber Company
701 Lima Avenue
Findlay, Ohio 45840